I say revolutions because that’s what it’s going to take to get me to stick to my resolutions. I am a lover of lists, so I will simply list the goals I will achieve in the year 2014.
1. Lose weight (isn’t this everyone’s?): I won’t say how much, as that would give me away. I’ll post the Before picture when I have the After. I will drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, no matter how much it makes me tinkle. Of course, that leaves no room for Mexican Coca Cola, Chick-Fil-A sweet tea, and mocha iced coffee, but maybe that’s the second point of drinking so much water.
2. Submit at least one piece of writing a week: That is very doable, as I’m focusing on writing shorter things now (while still working on finishing my novel when I feel like it).
3. Staying organized, keeping the house picked up and clean: Now that I’m a stay-at-home mom, there is no excuse. Making myself a cleaning schedule helped tremendously. There is something about a to-do list in print that makes it easier to stick to. Never underestimate the satisfaction of being able to physically cross something off.
4. Find financial peace: That includes paying off all credit card debt and having a savings account.
5. Try one new recipe a week.
6. Sing at least five songs (learning new ones all the while because I’m getting tired of the ones I’m singing to her now) and read at least five nursery rhymes to Hannah a day.
7. Plan at least one, non-television watching date night a month.
As I do believe seven is considered a lucky number, I will end it here.
P.S. I wrote this before midnight, Central time, as the date of my post says otherwise.