- I Thought I Wouldn’t Tell It: A Memoir of Hard Life and Hope
- A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
- Leave me alone: Memoirs of an Exmormon
- Memoirs Aren’t Fairytales: A Story of Addiction
Some of these subtitles are used to simply identify the book as a memoir in the hopes that if you like genre, the added word will eliminate any confusion on the matter and draw you in to the story.
Other subtitles try to give you an idea of the author’s voice like:
- My Foot is Too Big For the Glass Slipper – A Guide to the Less than Perfect Life.
When it’s used like this, it’s an opportunity for the author to inject a personal comment in an effort to let you know up front…
View original post 245 more words